About the Program
Selecting a lesson . . .
- Click on Available Lessons
- Click on your Grade
- Click on the Topic you require
- Select the Lesson you want to listen to
Doing a lesson . . .
- Make sure you have a pen, workbook and a calculator
- Click the play button to start the lesson
- After completing a lesson, you need to study the Notes
- Make a personal summary of the Notes in your workbook
- Next, you need to Test Yourself
- Use your pen and workbook to calculate the answers, never guess!
- When you have finished the test, click on Mark the Test
- Click on the Questions to see which ones you got correct (green)
- Finally look at the Answers to check your working
Doing a test . . .
- For each question, you need to choose the correct answer from a list of options
- Write the letter of the correct option next to your answer in your workbook (this is for in case of an internet time out)
- At the end of the test click Mark the Test
- Tests are marked immediately and the score is given as a percentage
- Questions are weighted, which means they don’t all count the same number of marks
- You can click on the Questions to see which ones you have answered correctly (green) and which ones you have answered incorrectly (red)
- After a test has been completed and marked, you can view the fully worked out solutions
- The score for each test is recorded in the Progress Report
- Please note: If you have marked your test, but feel that you can do better, redo the lesson and/or test without looking at the answers.
The Progress Report . . .
- Each time you do a test, your result is recorded
- Your latest result will appear at the top
- The guardian/parent can also access this through his/her profile
Useful tips . . .
- Always use a pen, workbook and calculator when doing lessons and tests
- It is best to use headphones when listening to lessons
- It is best to view lessons in full screen mode
- Pause, rewind and repeat lessons as often as you like
- You may need to listen to some lessons more than once
- Don’t think you can’t do mathematics if you don’t get it right the first time!
- When doing tests, work out each answer using pen and paper before entering it
- Never guess answers when doing tests
- Study the worked out answers carefully as this is an important part of the learning process
- If there are words that you do not understand, use the Dictionary
- Summarising the Notes will help you remember the work better
- You Can Do Maths, just persevere!
When a lesson is loading . . .
- After selecting a lesson, the message "Lesson Loading . . ." will appear
- Wait a few seconds and the lesson will appear
- With slower internet connections this might take a little bit longer
- In such cases, please be patient and wait for it to appear
- We recommend you view the lessons in Full Screen mode
If you find the program useful . . .
- Tell your friends about YouCanDoMaths
- Click “Like” on our Facebook page